Happy Halloween!
Here's how I spent my last few weeks celebrating Halloween:
First up: homemade dumplings and carving mini-pumpkins/squash.
Result? EXTREME DELICIOUSNESS!
Next up, pumpkin carving. Or, because pumpkins aren't grown here, squash carving. Though I'm pretty sure my pumpkin was legit, just a midget pumpkin.
| Super cute, right? |
| Most adorable pumpkin ever? I think so. |
| Most hideous pumpkin ever? Yes. |
| The final products |
And lastly, actual Halloween. Halloween is a big deal at our kindergartens. I took both my classes out trick'or'treating on the Friday before Halloween and thought I needed a costume worthy of extreme awesomeness. And I think I nailed it.
I'm a fucking pineapple!!
Just for shits and giggles, I wore my costume on the way to work, meaning walking outside in the middle of Taipei, getting on the subway, and then walking from the subway from work. Here's proof I did it: me on the MRT.
I got a few funny reactions, but overall I didn't get stared at that much more than I usually do. Apparently wearing a giant pineapple costume isn't that much weirder than being a foreigner in Taipei.
My kids loved my costume, as did they love trick or treating. Again, can't post pictures of them up here, but just trust me that they looked ADORABLE. One of my 4 year olds dressed as Harry Potter and another like a dinosaur, aka GODZIRRRRA!
Unfortunately, the pineapple costume was just a rental, so I cannot include it in my daily walks to the subway anymore. I did manage to send out some facebook videos while in my costume. And I promise, I was something normal for spending Halloween with my friends.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM TAIPEI!

I'm a good photographer and you're a good model! Haha - Athenaintaiwan
ReplyDelete