A while back my Sunday plans fell through so I decided to take a walk through my neighborhood with my camera. It's easy to forget I'm living in a foreign country sometimes so I decided to play tourist and take pictures of all the cool "Asianness" around me. All of these were taken within a 3 mile walk from my apartment, just so I can show you what my neighborhood is like.
First up, the Taipei Fine Art Museum. It only costs about 1.50$ to enter. Nothing spectacular, but it's cool nonetheless that I live near a museum.
Next up is the first park I discovered. My favorite part is this flower walk, where orange flowers dangle above you.
Here is the second park, where I go running at night.
Here's the outside of the park.
They have these cartoon characters here EVERYWHERE. I don't know why. My neighborhood is no exception.
This is a historical house that is across the street from the park.
Random Alice in Wonderland stuff. Why? I don't know. It's Taiwan. You don't need a 'why'.
Insert random dragon.
No trip would be complete with random unicorns, of course.
And last is Xingtian temple, the temple near my house.
And that concludes my little neighborhood tour. I accept tips in the form of cash, credit card, pay pal, first born children, etc.
haha :) can i pay you in hugs when you get your butt back to GR!?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely :)
Delete