Tuesday, April 12, 2011

how my students learn the word "shit" from my school

This is probably too early to announce to the world, but whatever; I'm unofficially staying another year in Taiwan. I was offered to teach double kindergarten classes after I complete my contract and I won't have to work at the buxiban (cram school) anymore. This means more hours, but more consistent hours - I'll be working closer to a 9-5 job (9-4 Tues/Thurs, 9-7 MWF, and NO SATURDAYS!). I haven't signed anything yet, which is why I say "unofficial"; you never know what could happen in the next few months. 

The past weekend, I took another scooter road trip with Victoria. This time we decided to head to Wulai, located south of Taipei. It's famous for a waterfall, as seen below.


A bit underwhelming, no? Or perhaps just whelming. Definitely not overwhelming.
After feeling whelmed, we saw a gondola that went above the waterfall and thought, why not take it? So we did, and I was expecting a pretty lookout, maybe a coffee stand or something up on top of the waterfall. Instead we found....

...An archery range. Really? ARCHERY? What?

Oh, and then an ostrich came storming by us. It's just so normal.

Then I shot at stuff. Again, what normal people do on top of waterfalls in Asia.

There were some hiking paths with very inviting signs on their entrances.

Here are some more [normal] pictures of Wulai:



view from the top

In conclusion of this blog post, I give to you the following: a poster that is placed outside both schools I work at and throughout the city of LuZhou. I think it provides for great English language learning through new vocabulary!

1 comment: