Saturday, July 7, 2012

I wear my sunglasses at night

Last weekend, I had a fun day trip with my friend Victoria. We went to Yehliu last year to watch bee porn (click here for an explanation) but I never got to see the famous geopark there. 


It's famous for a rock in the shape of a queens head. 


We went to find the rock, but it was unimpressive in real life and crowded by obnoxious Chinese tourists, so we left to go take pictures elsewhere.















Oh, and here's a picture of me being a TOTAL BADASS.
Yeah, see that "do not cross" warning on the rock? I crossed it.



In other exciting news, I got LASIK eye surgery! It cost 28,000 NT, or less than 1000 USD. It cost more than double that back home, so I really wanted to get it done while I was still in Taiwan. The process itself was really uncomfortable - painless, but not fun. But, it was over in a few minutes and I woke up the next day with perfect vision! For anyone in Taiwan reading this, I got it done at Nobel Eye clinic by Taipei Main Station. The price for the surgery is a bit higher than 28,000, but they bargained down the price for me. Yes, you can barter over the price of surgery here in Taiwan. Fucking weird, eh?


I don't even have to wear obnoxious glasses like I thought I did. I can just wear my regular sunglasses outside, though I have to wear them at night. Whenever I do, I sing this song in my head.
LIKE A BOSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment