Saturday, February 25, 2012

nom nom nom

As I've mentioned before, the Taiwanese LOVE taking pictures of their food. That is something that I've never seen people do before and didn't even know was a "thing" until I got here. One Saturday I dragged myself to McDonalds for some greasy hangover cure and saw the Taiwanese chick sitting next to me taking a picture of her nuggets. SERIOUSLY?! 
Anyway, something I once scoffed at has now become one of my habits. I think it's acceptable to do so when vacationing to new places. At least that's what I've been telling myself. Without further ado, I give you my food pictures.

Thailand

 Thai beer, Chang. Spring rolls. Pineapple rice (with furry stuff?) served in a friggen' pineapple.

Coconut chicken curry. Spicy salad. Pad Thai. Cashew chicken.

Dessert: coconut ice cream. 

???? Something I bought from a dude on the train for 20 cents. 

Pad Thai with extra spice.


Cambodia

 Pina colada in a coconut.

 Chicken and rice on my side. Sweet and sour chicken on Victoria's side.

 Red curry chicken.

 Chicken spring rolls.

My first (of about 3) buffet plate stuffed full. Beef noodles. Veggies. Spring rolls. Bbq chicken. Some unidentifiable and not so delicious objects. Fried banana (see next picture). Fried carrot.

They had a lot of weird fried items, like this fried banana. I'm not sure if that's typical in Cambodia or just of the buffet we were at. 

 Cambodia's beer, Angkor.

It's no wonder I gained almost 5 pounds on my 2 week long trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment