I don't have much to post on the Taipei front. It's been incredibly cold, so I haven't done any fun trips recently. I made it all last year without buying a winter coat, but this year I gave in because it's effing freezing. I have a weather app that shows me the weather in Taipei and Holland so I can compare. I figured they'd have to be the same because it's so damn cold here, right?
WHAT!? 63 degrees in Taipei and I'm in my WINTER COAT?! What happened to me? 63 degrees is TANNING weather, not winter coat weather. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get home. Die, probably.
It's about to be the year of the dragon after Chinese New Year next week, which is my Chinese astrological sign. I felt super excited, until some Taiwanese people told me it's actually quite unlucky to have it be your year. Whatever. My sign is much more badass than the others anyway. Like the rooster - how lame is that? A dragon would smoke the other 11 animals in a battle.
Rooster versus dragon. That's a toughie.
In exciting, non-rooster related news, I am off to Thailand in two days! For Chinese New Year, I get a week off of school. Since I'm too thin-skinned to handle this bone-chilling 60 degree weather, I thought I'd spend the next ten days in the hottest city in the world, Bangkok. Except, whoops, apparently Americans aren't supposed to go here due to terrorist threats toward Americans.
The sensible person might cancel her trip, but nah.
Nope. Still going. Hopefully they'll mistake my (American) friend and I as Canadians. We'll try to throw in "eh?" in our conversations. That should work, eh?
Here's our plan. Eh. Fly Taipei to Bangkok, spend a few days touring Bangkok (though there's much to see, there are better parts in Thailand that deserve our attention. And parts that are lest terrorist attack-y.) Then we'll take a bus over to Cambodia to see the Angkor Wat. For those who don't know about it, it's an enormous, beautiful temple. Well actually, a collection of temples. It takes DAYS to see it all.
Woohoo! After two nights near this site, we'll bus it back over to the land of ladyboys in Bangkok. I'm sure Cambodia has some great stuff to offer, but I don't have enough time and besides the Angkor Wat, I want to spend all my time in THAILAND. We will do another day trip around Bangkok and then fly down to the island of Phuket. I didn't know where else in Thailand to go besides Bangkok because there are SO many beautiful places to visit there, but after a simple google image search of Phuket, how could I resist? I'll spend the rest of the time lounging on the beach and hopefully doing some beach-related activities. Thailand is home to beautiful and cheap scuba diving, so perhaps I'll try it out? We'll see!
We then fly back from Phuket to Bangkok, and then back to Taipei.
I am beyond excited. Thailand seems to be one of the best touristy places to visit in Asia, and it's one place I actually wanted to visit before I even came to Taiwan.
See you in 2 weeks!




No comments:
Post a Comment