Sunday, December 4, 2011

simply having a wonderful christmas time

Celebrating Christmas in Taiwan is a very different experience from back home. Last year felt slightly depressing because it was my first Christmas away from Michigan. The second year hasn't been so bad; I bought a little Christmas tree for my room and decorated it. It costs 6$ so it's a bit Charlie brown.
But Potato has only eaten it a little, which is good. She eats all my garbage bags (seriously. They're pink garbage bags and she poops out shreds of pink plastic into the kitty litter. Because she wasn't weird enough with the one-eye thing and the toe sucking thing) and plants so I was nervous she'd also like to eat fake Christmas trees. But, it still remains intact! About 60% of my ornaments have stayed on the tree, which I consider a success.

I'm keeping my children in the Christmas spirit by teaching them the classic Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas is You." I choreographed (if you can call making a dance for 4-year olds choreography) a dance for both my kindergarten classes filled with macarena moves and booty shaking. It sounds super adorable, and they are stinking cute doing it, but the pressure on these poor kids is a little sad. We've been practicing our dance routine + poems/plays written by yours truly since early October. If the kids do the wrong dance, or don't sing loudly enough, they get scolded. 

Unfortunately, hearing this song multiple times every day has kind of ruined what used to be my favorite Christmas song of all time :-/

Oh well, there's still my other favorite, which can never be ruined by HESS because there are no English words. 
However, I'm regretting picking Mariah Carey when I could have done something like this:
I could have even  brought Potato in to guest star....


Speaking of, here is our oh-so-classy virtual Christmas card. Yes, I busted out her Christmas sweater.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!




1 comment: